Breaky Boxes is an Indie folk band hailing from Rouen, France. Drawing inspiration from American and Irish folk culture, the band will finally release their first EP « From the Shelter » on March 28th 2018.
On the occasion of the release of their first EP, the band reveals, for the first time, a complete track by track guide.
- Land of Brothers: This song was written after a trip to Ireland. It was a trip by bike and wild camping day by day, the great adventure within infinite spaces. This is the first song we wrote on this EP and the first that really follows the style we were trying to achieve. There is a lot of hope and fraternity in this track, it summarizes our journey and the way that we could do all three together.
- Million Brave Heroes: A melancholier track that is about all those people we will never know, those past and future people who make who we are individually, but also as humanity. It’s an ode to fraternity once again, a call to remember where we all came from and where we arrived together.
- I Feel Good: This is the track that bears the most trace of the “blues-rock” that we have been able to do before. As the name suggests, it’s a “feel good” song, clearly meant to make you smile. Keep moving forward, whatever happens, is the key word of this song and the motto of the band.
- Come Back Home: We talk a lot about travel, spiritual or around the world, in our songs. But this one recalls the comfort of the house. This house we live in is our shelter and our refuge to all three, and it inspired the name of the EP. This house that we share is our solid foundation. The essence of the band lies in its walls, with the studio, in particular. All our music, our projects, our ideas, are born in this place. That’s why this song reminds us how important it is to go home from time to time.
- Down’s Up: This song addresses for the first time in the band’s history, the theme of love. This is not something we forbid, but with this EP, we are finally in tune with what we are. And it becomes easier to engage fully with songs like this one.
- Farewell: This song is also one of the first that we wrote on this EP. It’s a goodbye to what we’ve done before. We don’t draw a line on the past, but we grow with it, while advancing. Everything is metaphorically by two friends leaving together on the battlefield and saying goodbye to each other on it.