Ice Cold Shot are a promising metalcore band, hailing from Toulouse, France. I’ve been following their work from the beginning of the band and think that these guys have quite a bright future ahead. Thanks so much for your time, guys! Hopefully we’ll have the chance to meet each other soon!
Hello Ice Cold Shot, thanks for taking time to answer a few questions for Distrolution! Could you please, as a start, list all your band members, as well as their roles in the band?
- Cedric : Vocals
- Stan : Guitar
- Guillaume : Guitar
- Andrea : Bass / Backing vocals
- Kevin : Drums
Usual question but… where does the name of your band come from? We wanted a name that sounds good and which stays in mind. We used to hang out in a bar where the specialty was the Jagermeister. And some day, Cedric offered us a name list where was written Ice Cold Shot. Unanimously, we chose this one and we realized much later that it was a Jagermeister brand advertising slogan. He surely must had seen it unconsciously but anyway we kept the name of “Ice Cold Shot”.
What bands are currently inspiring the music that you’re making? When composing, we’re usually inspired by metalcore and hardcore bands such as: Wage War, Our Last Night, Heart Of A Coward. The Ghost Inside, Of Mice & Men, but also a lot by hip hop music, with bands like Madchild and Snowgoons.
You plan on releasing an album this year. Can you tell us more about it? What kind of songs can we indeed expect on this record? That’s right ! We’re going to release our 1st album called “Weakness” on July 2018 (date to come). The songs on this album will be in line with the 3 music video we released these last months. “Deep Jungle”, “Dolls Eat Dogs” and “Weakness”. An hardcore/metalcore basis but with quite a lot of electronic music samples. Whether in lead (as on our next music video “Puta Madre” that will be released just before the album). Or used as ambient layers (such as in “Raise” or “Last Prayer”)!
What do you think sets you apart from the French metalcore bands? Do you feel like you’re in competition with all these bands or are you, on contrary, like a huge family supporting each other? I think that we all listen to a lot of different music style including trap and hip hop, so we are not afraid to use samples on our songs and we’re comfortable with that. That’s what reflects our music. Our lyrics are really personal and Cedric don’t hesitate to open himself and to confide in our fans. And that’s maybe what set us apart from some other bands.
We do not feel a single second competing with any other band. On the contrary, we feel that the french metal scene is a little behind the rest of Europe. And even the world these last years and therefore we prefer to have a positive thinking and stick together between groups. Especially to facilitate dates exchanges, music video spread, etc… We feel like a huge family with lots of friends such as Landmvrks, Leahtan, Born Criminal, Beneath An Obsidian Sky. Highest Falls, Meredith Hunter, and all those we forgot.
Last but not least. Tell us one random fun fact about each band member of the band.
- Cedric: He is the hunk of the band. We use him to sell more merch at the end of every gigs and for the moment, it seems to work fairly well.
- Stan: He is like our national Servietsky (Southpark). It’s hard to get him out of his sofa, but when he comes to a party… He literally defeat each and every one of us.
- Guillaume: He has a small insect phobia. One day at a party, a praying mantis came to land on a bottle in front of us. Guillaume tried to film it when suddenly, after a few seconds, she jumped on him! He started back and dropped his phone but fortunately we managed to film everything.
- Andréa: He is our crazy paparazzi. As soon as we do something stupid, he takes photos or capture it on cam. The guy has enough files to harm each member of the band forever (especially Guillaume).
- Kevin: He is our sentimal drunk. Every time he’s drunk, he starts to hug us and shows us how much he loves us. In fact, it is from that moment that we know he begins to be well drunk!
Thanks for your time guys, I can’t wait to hear your debut album!